Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

For all of us pilots loosing some shortsightedness

Reaction score
Here is what some of our elder pilots (me inclusive) might consider a GREAT product to have for summer flying, affordable safety rated sunglasses with reading lens inserts!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+Pairs+Bifocal+Safety+Driving+Sunglasses+with+Reading+Corner+-+Rubber+Grip+Arms+(Diopter+%2B2.00)

I thought that I died and went to heaven yesterday when I attended one of our local hardware stores and found similar items for around $10 on the rack. Well I immediately bought a pair as I was becoming used to placing a set of safety glasses on and in front of my prescription glasses. I bought a smoke colored pair off the rack to see if I would be able to read my display in sunlight and yes I could. We all know that some polarized sunglasses can make a display appear iridescent, but the first pair did not, so I bought these off of Amazon to see if they also would allow for clear reading of my displays. I currently own a CS Ultra Bright, ASUS S3 10in, and an iPAD 6th gen 9.7 model 1954. My testing has begun and I will be sharing additional read ability opinions on these glasses and screen read ability going forward.

Reactions: slim.slamma
Here is what some of our elder pilots (me inclusive) might consider a GREAT product to have for summer flying, affordable safety rated sunglasses with reading lens inserts!

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=2+Pairs+Bifocal+Safety+Driving+Sunglasses+with+Reading+Corner+-+Rubber+Grip+Arms+(Diopter+%2B2.00)

I thought that I died and went to heaven yesterday when I attended one of our local hardware stores and found similar items for around $10 on the rack. Well I immediately bought a pair as I was becoming used to placing a set of safety glasses on and in front of my prescription glasses. I bought a smoke colored pair off the rack to see if I would be able to read my display in sunlight and yes I could. We all know that some polarized sunglasses can make a display appear iridescent, but the first pair did not, so I bought these off of Amazon to see if they also would allow for clear reading of my displays. I currently own a CS Ultra Bright, ASUS S3 10in, and an iPAD 6th gen 9.7 model 1954. My testing has begun and I will be sharing additional read ability opinions on these glasses and screen read ability going forward.

Walmart has them.

It’s like viewing the world in 4K.

Had mines a few months now awesome in the snow.

Amen - kinda like manna, a gift from heaven.
+++on me looking for some at WalMart = thank you for the tip
I also have a Class CDL X and would never wish to drive the streets of NYC for a living, looks like a 30ft lift dump trailer on one of your other avatars

Reactions: slim.slamma
I gave up my hazmat a few years back. Comes in handy with the TWIC.

Jack of all trades I see, Mr. Part 107.

I drop a few bread crumbs every now and then.

Big money in Explosives!

Working on few things, I am. You just never know who you might be brushing shoulders with.

Life is Good.

Hey I just was retired out of working on drilling ships in deepwater Gulf for 9.5yrs, I have had enough with living/working 24/7/365 around things that could go boom. Thanks but no thanks.

Hey I just was retired out of working on drilling ships in deepwater Gulf for 9.5yrs, I have had enough with living/working 24/7/365 around things that could go boom. Thanks but no thanks.
Me and my lady bust out with giggels.

The forum has become therapeutic for me.

Ahhh we enjoyed that comment.

Enjoy the Holiday Sir.

Reactions: Bigdz
Almond trees and honey bees out in California is next on my list of money schemes.

Money Money Money for some light stings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens