Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

FAA Part 107 Registration - UPDATE!!

BigAl07

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For those FAA Part 107 holders who are updating their registrations or are registering a NEW aircraft you may notice that the FAA DroneZone portal has been updated to incorporate Remote ID information. The update requires a registrant to indicate if their drone is Remote ID equipped or not.

Currently, there are NO drones which are equipped with Remote ID. Although there are blogs and other sources which may claim differently, the FAA has not approved any Means of Compliance (MOC) for Remote ID at this time.

If a registrant selects 'Yes' to the Remote ID equipped question, they will be required to enter additional information, including a serial number. The serial number needed is NOT the drone's serial number, rather, it's the Remote ID serial number (which doesn't exist). Entering the drone's serial number will not be accepted and not allow the drone to be registered.

(Borrowed from our UAS Liaison at the FAA)

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks for the info! I have my recurrent exam coming up this November and all this info is good to know for a heavy lift build I am completing

Reactions: BigAl07
Thanks for the info! I have my recurrent exam coming up this November and all this info is good to know for a heavy lift build I am completing
Welcome to the forum :)

Keep in mind that until you take the online training/text you can not exercise the privilege's of the new regulations (Ops Over People and Night Flight w/o a waiver). It might be better to go ahead and take it now so you're covered and your 24month clock restarts as soon as you take and pass the test.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham