Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK Drone Simulator for Mac

Reaction score
Can anyone out there help please? I an looking for a drone simulator to us with a Mac. I have an Inspire 2 and a Phantom 4 Pro.
Ideally a simulator that allows use of the drone's own controller. I'm studying for the UK Commercial Qualification and I think I may have to demonstrate more advanced skills during the practical test than I have. I've some experience using drones for still photography and simple video work which is my main interest.

Can anyone out there help please? I an looking for a drone simulator to us with a Mac. I have an Inspire 2 and a Phantom 4 Pro.
Ideally a simulator that allows use of the drone's own controller. I'm studying for the UK Commercial Qualification and I think I may have to demonstrate more advanced skills during the practical test than I have. I've some experience using drones for still photography and simple video work which is my main interest.

DJI do this one but PC only I’m afraid...

Your NQE will take you through what is required for the practical flight exam.
There is no need to panic - it isn’t that onerous.

You will be asked to plan (and demonstrate) a mission together with your risk assessment and site survey - you will be given details before you arrive on site.
Permissions will be implied and all instructors (I had two !) present will be deemed under your control.
The flights will involve a good proportion of Atti (non GPS assisted) flying and up to four ‘emergencies’ thrown in.
Mine was taken under particularly gusty conditions and a lot performed at 400ft agl so make sure your atti skills are up to scratch. (Easy enough to practice).
Your emergency/boldface response must be immediate and without reference to your FRC’s or Ops Manual. Failure on any one emergency procedure means a fail overall - which is understandable.
Have an alternate landing area located and point this out to the examiner before you start your mission.

A little tip for you - Examiners/instructors love it if you verbalize EVERYTHING. It avoids ambiguity.
So if they ask you to fly up to 400ft and hover, say clearly something along the lines of:
‘commencing climb to 400ft.......100ft, 200ft, 300ft. Reached 400ft agl and maintaining hover’ etc, etc

Good luck.

Have moved this to the certified section

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz