Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

USA DJI - Red Restricted No Fly Zone? Paul Brown Stadium/Cincy

Reaction score
I have been asked to fly/shoot over Paul Brown Stadium in Cincinnati next Saturday. I have permission from the client and stadium to do this shoot. This location is just outside of Class B airspace. I was under the impression that this stadium is in a red, restricted DJI airspace zone, but am not finding this marked on their GEO Zone map.

Am I OK to assume that I will be able to fly in this area? There is no game scheduled for this date. I have read on posts that DJI has been inconsistent attaching no fly restrictions to these stadiums.

I have my part 107 license.

Thanks very much for any help.

Mike Meyer
Columbus, Ohio

I thought all stadiums were off limits in the US and Canada?
Having been offered a similar job last year then told by Transport Canada it was no permitted, I had researched the issues and was concerned about all the thousands of smart phones pinging wifi signals & creating interference (which is also a one liner in our certification in Canada, « ...not permitted to fly in any area where there is interference, ........& all mobile devices nearby must be turned off »

Mike,
I've flown PBS many times, It's outside LUK airspace and if you have your 107, should not be an issue.
One thing though, the last time I flew near (not into, because I wasn't working for the Bengals) I was approached by CPD. They were fine, just checked to make sure I was licensed.

Extract from Faa.gov
«
Flying UAS in and around stadiums is prohibited starting one hour before and ending one hour after the scheduled time of any of the following events:

• Major League Baseball
  • National Football League
  • NCAA Division One Football
  • NASCAR Sprint Cup, Indy Car, and Champ Series races
Specifically, UAS operations are prohibited within a radius of three nautical miles of the stadium or venue. »

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz