Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

DJI M30T range

Reaction score
Good day mates,
Does anyone know the true range of the DJI M30T? I am a little confused about this.
Thanks

With and without interference. Actual range will depend on your operating environment. I don't have a BVLOS waiver so I will never know what any of my aircraft max ranges are.

According to DJI web site:
  • Max Transmission Distance (unobstructed, free of interference)​

• 15 km (FCC); 8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)

• Max Transmission Distance (with interference)​

• Strong Interference (urban landscape, limited line of sight, many competing signals): 1.5-3 km (FCC/CE/SRRC/MIC)
    Medium Interference (suburban landscape, open line of sight, some competing signals): 3-9 km (FCC); 3-6 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)
    Weak Interference (open landscape abundant line of sight, few competing signals): 9-15 km (FCC); 6-8 km (CE/SRRC/MIC)

Last edited:
For me, using in an area where there are lots of trees, the distance at a constant height was not a whole lot better than my Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced. As before, if I want more distance, I need to fly higher. With the zoom camera, that is not an issue for target identification, however, for thermal, it does present the same issue. Again, this is just for me in my environment. I have not yet had a chance to fly open, like desert or over the water, but those tests are forthcoming.

Good day mates,
Does anyone know the true range of the DJI M30T? I am a little confused about this.
Thanks
I find it similar to my Mavic 3. The manual specs are good guidance in this area, and the biggest issue is interference from antennas, cell towers, power lines, etc.
As DJI says, their specs are based on ideal conditions we will probably never meet in the wild.

I did a range test in an uninhabited area with observers following the drone in their car while we communicated over our phones. I didn't exceed 400' AGL and I turned back when the signal strength started touching red - I didn't push it. At that point, I was 3.3 miles (5.4 km.) away.

Transport Canada is taking feedback for new rules that will allow "Extended VLOS" that will allow someone mapping for example to work in an area as far as 2 nautical miles away in areas of low population (rural) with a visual observer. That would be about as far as I could comfortably fly while mapping an area.

In forested areas, I'm lucky to get 1500' before signal degradation. I can easily see my Matrice 30 and still hear it LOL. Same goes for rural areas close to cell towers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LangeJens