Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Choppy video on M30 RC plus

Reaction score
I am getting a jerky/choppy live video feed on my RC Plus when flying my M30. It's not bad with the FPV camera but with the wide or zoom camera the live video feed is noticeably choppy/jerky even with a 3 bar signal strength. My M3 enterprise with the RC PRO is very smooth under similar circumstances. Any thoughts or suggestions on how this can be fixed would be appreciated.

I get that from time to time with the 30T and my Mavic drones. Just figured it was random interference in the video signal. I haven't payed attention to whether it happens in FPV mode but I'm flying tomorrow so I'll let you know. Also, post the question in the general chat over at Commercialdronepilots forum. No knock against this site but there seems to be a lot more action over there and quicker response times for replies.

I am getting a jerky/choppy live video feed on my RC Plus when flying my M30. It's not bad with the FPV camera but with the wide or zoom camera the live video feed is noticeably choppy/jerky even with a 3 bar signal strength. My M3 enterprise with the RC PRO is very smooth under similar circumstances. Any thoughts or suggestions on how this can be fixed would be appreciated.
It sounds like an issue with an SD card. Do you also get choppy video when saving to the internal storage? That would be a good test to see if the SD card is the issue or the controller.
You could also try shutting off the video recording for the other cameras for a test and just save the wide camera view for example to see if that made a difference.

It sounds like an issue with an SD card. Do you also get choppy video when saving to the internal storage? That would be a good test to see if the SD card is the issue or the controller.
You could also try shutting off the video recording for the other cameras for a test and just save the wide camera view for example to see if that made a difference.
I only see it while flying and not in playback.

I only see it while flying and not in playback.
OK - that's a horse of a different color. The only time I get choppy screen views is when there is significant interference, metal buildings between me and the drone, cell/radio/TV towers within 1500' or I'm flying far away. If it's always choppy, then there's some other problem with the antennas, etc. When it gets choppy, have you checked the signal strength and interference levels in the app?

Reactions: GsquaredAerials
Thanks for the response. I will give it a try.

I just did a thermal test on my house and noticed the stutter while watching the controller screen. When checking the Standard, Thermal (same shot/separate file) and Wide camera which is the top 16x9 top screen, I noticed the thermal views also had the stutter but not the wide camera. Here are two different roof passes just to rule out it only happening once. As of 9/26/23, everything has the latest firmware but, this issue has happened since the new purchase. I also have this issue with the Mavic Air 2.

( :11 seconds into the video)

( :16 seconds into the video)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103