Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Camera control problem

Reaction score
Hi! All and Greetings from the UK (in turmoil)

My Problem..I recently purchased a I1 Pro second hand, which came with an X5 camera. Due to this and that I recently got round to putting it together and adding a separate nose camera and mini transmitter. However when it came to bench testing before I took it out to fly I had a problem with the camera control on the remote controller.
when turning the wheel on the left side top of the controller I expected the camera to move up and down. The same action as on my I1 V1...turn the wheel and the camera goes up and down.
Nothing I have tried so far has changed the control of the I1 Pro X5 camera, it just stares at me and the wheel move the camera from side to side.
There is a second controller with the kit which I don't use due to a shortage of hands, I only got two. (silly comment made to cheer up self....didn't work!)
So any of you guys out there got any ideas before my frustration makes me see if this bird will fly without a battery.

Please help I have tried everything I can think of

Trevor

Have you tried long pressing (I think) C1 on the bottom of the controller? If it has the latest firmware it should toggle between up and down and side to side with the wheel.

Hi! All and Greetings from the UK (in turmoil)

My Problem..I recently purchased a I1 Pro second hand, which came with an X5 camera. Due to this and that I recently got round to putting it together and adding a separate nose camera and mini transmitter. However when it came to bench testing before I took it out to fly I had a problem with the camera control on the remote controller.
when turning the wheel on the left side top of the controller I expected the camera to move up and down. The same action as on my I1 V1...turn the wheel and the camera goes up and down.
Nothing I have tried so far has changed the control of the I1 Pro X5 camera, it just stares at me and the wheel move the camera from side to side.
There is a second controller with the kit which I don't use due to a shortage of hands, I only got two. (silly comment made to cheer up self....didn't work!)
So any of you guys out there got any ideas before my frustration makes me see if this bird will fly without a battery.

Please help I have tried everything I can think of

Trevor
Are you using an Android or iOS device? I was regularly using an Android device a few years ago on my I1 and temporarily switched to an iOS device and when I went back to the Android device I had the same problem you describe with the left gimbal control knob. I think I found that the iOS version of DJI GO has an option for configuring the gimbal knob for panning or tilting and the Android version does not. I believe I turned on everything with the iOS app and changed the configuration to tilt then when I next used the Android app everything was as it should be. Maybe give that a try? Good luck.

Mine is setup with one click on the C1 button will toggle between pan & pitch on the camera.

Mine is setup with one click on the C1 button will toggle between pan & pitch on the camera.
Kiwipete88: Android or iOS with the C1 button?

(P.S. My American son is in Queenstown with his French wife expecting a baby next month and I am thrilled about my first visit to paradise in December.)

Kiwipete88: Android or iOS with the C1 button?

(P.S. My American son is in Queenstown with his French wife expecting a baby next month and I am thrilled about my first visit to paradise in December.)
I used an iPad Air 2 for a few years and have just crossed over to the CS ultra, C1 configures the same on both devices.
Make sure you bring your drone to Queensland, some beautiful costal scenery over that side of the island.
If you like seafood, try mudcraps and bugtails, yum yum.

Apologies for late response...still cant change the camera to tilt from pan.
Tried setting the C1 button...didn't work. I use an Android system (Samsung Pads) on my I1.1 without any problems. going to try re loading the firmware later today unfortunately cant fly today due to THE BLOODY RAIN!...IT NEVER STOPS!...AAARRGGGHHH! calm down Trev it will one day..so they tell me.
Thanks for the responses so far.

Regards
Trev

Fly Safe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbair