Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

UK CAA Permissions contradiction (?)

Reaction score
Can anyone clarify something fundamental please, my recently renewed PfCO headed 'PERMISSION' (not standard or otherwise) states I cannot fly within 50m of persons, vehicles, vessels, or property not under my control.
But on the CAA website it states "STANDARD PERMISSION' allows UAV's under 7kg to be operated within a congested area, provided they have had evidence of pilots competence (RPQs) and submit Operations Manual (done).

Hi,

Under 7kg you can fly in a congested area BUT you still have to maintain the clearances specified on your PfCO.

Over 7kg you cannot fly in a congested area UNLESS you have the relevant permissions.

It does make it tricky, but think of the 50m rule as a bubble (how the full size operates when they have easements). Take Off and Landing is 30m, once airborne you have to have that 50m bubble around the UAS (unless you have the property under your control and the appropriate owners permission etc.)

Can anyone clarify something fundamental please, my recently renewed PfCO headed 'PERMISSION' (not standard or otherwise) states I cannot fly within 50m of persons, vehicles, vessels, or property not under my control.
But on the CAA website it states "STANDARD PERMISSION' allows UAV's under 7kg to be operated within a congested area, provided they have had evidence of pilots competence (RPQs) and submit Operations Manual (done).
Moved to correct section and UK prefix added.

As heliraptor says above...... Sub 7kg can be operated within a congested area but stand off distances must be observed unless you have reduced clearances via OSC.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rdavis103