Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

Building a set of X5S compatible lenses

Reaction score
Website
www.morningfogflights.com
Thanks to the x5s compatible lens thread

(X5S compatible lens and balancing thread)

and the lens chart, I've been digging through various sets of lenses.

I'm aware of the official Olympus set, I wanted to see what other pilots are using for a full set of lenses. When looking into the various compatible lenses, I found out that even PC Mag mentioned using old Leica lenses.

What do you prefer for your "set" of lenses for the X5S?

Attachments

• X5S-Lens-rev-3.jpg
    X5S-Lens-rev-3.jpg
    270.3 KB · Views: 218
I'll second the Oly trinity!!
;)
I had a Panni 12-42 and was very disappointed.
I have an Oly 14-42 on the way. Hope it works better than the Panni.

I'll second the Oly trinity!!
;)
I had a Panni 12-42 and was very disappointed.
I have an Oly 14-42 on the way. Hope it works better than the Panni.
Unfortunately, the Panny is the better lens of the two. I just stick to primes.

Oly and Panni both stink.
Only zoom I ever had on a drone that was worth turning on was a Z3 in the Inspire 1.

How does the oly work? Does it zoom while filming?
It does zoom while filming but the zoom is uneven enough that it’s not usable. All it’s good for is changing focal length without landing. And it’s a crappy lens.

I use:

Oly 9-18 for about 40% of all shots as 9mm gives a great wide view in tight spaces and a decent image (if focused correctly) for a non-prime lens. With some of the buildings I fly it’s the only way to get a top down single shot and remain legal below 400ft. The only downside is that the zoom is manual.

Oly 12mm & 25 are my go to primes, used for about 40% of my shots of which the 12mm gets slightly more use.

Panasonic 14-42 is great for non filmic work such a rood inspections, etc.

Oly 17mm & 45mm and original DJI 15mm rarely get used, I just bought them so I had a full set of the supported lenses.

I have just started playing with the Panasonic 45-150mm, which is fun for zoomed in photographs but not really any use for video due to the camera shake & jellow.

I have the 14-42 and the jitters with video are pretty unusable even with the balance ring - MrTVR is absolutely correct when he said it's good for non filmic work. I have also noticed 37mm is also the furthest you can zoom while preserving sharpness. After around 37mm the image starts going soft.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz