Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

anyone doing mapping with the X5? Favorite apps or techniques?

Used Skycatch Commander for a bit. Great resolution with the X5, but the software crashed a few times in flight, leading to some slight... panicking.

Hello, I am new in this forum. I am a user of DJI Inspire Pro X5. I have made several flights at altitudes between 50 and 100 meters high. The software used is the Map pilot and every flight has been perfect. I have used an average of 12 ground control points. I use Topcon RTK GPS Hyper V.
My problem is that post-process the images in Agisoft Photoscan the error I get is from 33 to 40 cm x 0.002 cm and Z do not understand what I'm doing wrong and I used a resolution of 1.3 cm / pixel.

Attachments

• INFORME.pdf
    7 MB · Views: 33
We are mapping with an X5 setup. 60 meters AGL, 6 m/s groundspeed, 3 sec camera interval, 70/70 sidelap/overlap. Results, 1cm GSD.
Geoblu, what manual camera settings are you using for your X5 flight at 60m?

I'm mapping out ag trial sites and need as high resolution imagery as possible. Have played with both the Phantom 3 Pro and the Inspire X5 using Drone Deploy and Pix4D Capture. Have used Pix4D Capture with the Phantom 3 Pro successfully, flying at a height of 30m but would like to improve the resolution of the imagery if possible. Anyone flown at these heights with the Inspire X5 and have some reliable settings? I've continuously had issues with overlapping the imagery etc. Thanks

We are mapping with an X5 setup. 60 meters AGL, 6 m/s groundspeed, 3 sec camera interval, 70/70 sidelap/overlap. Results, 1cm GSD.
Hello Geoblu
Do you mind sharing your camera settings like aperture, shutterspeed, ISO?. Do you use AF or MF?
Thanks so much for sharing.
Claudio

We started with P4, the I1 Pro with X5 and loved it so much bought the I2. The I1Pro with 12mm Olympus lens, coupled with Map Pilot was the best combination (at the time with the current firmware of around 12 months ago!!). Now I have had issues with reliability with any third party apps but hoping to try this week to see if they have been resolved.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomanChrz