Welcome Matrice Pilots!
Join our free DJI Matrice community today!

16mm users...distortion? Hey guys, I’m on the fence whether or not to buy the 16 mm lens… Can someon

Reaction score
Website
www.skylinestudio.ca
Hey guys, I’m on the fence whether or not to buy the 16 mm lens… Can someone who uses this lens frequently let me know ASAP whether or not there is a lot of horizon distortion/barrel distortion?

Would greatly appreciate an ASAP response. Job pending.

And apologies for the ridiculous thread titling LMAO :/

Can someone who uses this lens frequently let me know ASAP whether or not there is a lot of horizon distortion/barrel distortion?:/[/QUOTE said:
I'm going to my local camera rental house tomorrow morning with my I7 and 4 lenses and shoot charts to evaluate the camera and lens' performance. I'll let you know to what degree the lens distorts. From a preliminary look, it seems reasonably good.

Its also good to keep in mind that the 16mm lens is the equivalent of a 24mm full frame lens, which is not crazy wide. I've shot feature films where the 25mm was used 80% of the time.
Likewise… It’s not the width that I’m concerned about… It really just does come down to the distortion. On a cinema grade 25 mill lens, there is zero… So I just need to be very careful with what I choose… As 90 percent of my work is in film and television.

Reactions: Paul Nordin

@Paul Nordin - We are stoked to see your comparisons, this will definitely be helpful to our user base who are contemplating the X7 and many many others. We really appreciate you taking the time and look forward to your findings. Jealous you have the "I7", that must be pretty cool :)

Reactions: Paul Nordin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctfulgham